- Lack of end-to-end visibility
- 10Gb networks carry 50x more traffic
- Tools not designed
for higher volumes
Given the growth of Big Data caused by BYOD, cloud, and convergence, data centers are upgrading their networks to 10Gb and higher. However many monitoring and analysis tools cannot perform at these speeds. This can lead to a loss of data and vulnerability to security threats.
A visibility solution for today's Data Center volume, density, and scale requirements
- Avoid oversubscription with filtering and
- Use lower speed
tools to monitor
higher speed networks
- Optimize monitoring and
but still can't see everything?
- Difficult to manage multiple tools
- More and more tools required across
- Ad hoc manual
In many cases a collection of monitoring, analysis, and security tools are attached to each silo of IT, where critical data exists and is accessed through a SPAN/mirror or TAP port. Dispersed tools can be cumbersome to manage, expensive to scale, and does not provide pervasive, end-to-end visibility.
A traffic visibility solution providing pervasive visibility to centralized monitoring tools
- Optimize tools with intelligent and pervasive visibility
- Simplify IT operations with centralized tools
- Eliminate disrupting
do you have the visibility needed to monitor them?
- Lack of visibility into virtualized infrastructure.
- Performance suffers
if not managed
- Continuously monitor
VMs as they migrate
across physical hosts
Today's tools are unable to see inside the hybrid or private cloud and converged infrastructures. When a workload migrates off of dedicated servers, visibility into critical data remains a requirement for management, monitoring, and security tools.
A visibility solution that enables tools to see inside the cloud.
- Maintain visibility as workloads migrate to the cloud
- Pervasive visibility for converged infrastructure and vendor stacks
- Decapsulation of
many vendor and
- Solution Briefs
- Demands for new data analysis
- Risks around tool moves, adds, and changes
- Difficult to scale tool
changes to production
An intelligent network monitoring fabric is a critical network layer that accommodates new service implementations without impacting production infrastructure. It also decreases the time to deploy new services, and shortens the time for running new technology Proof of Concepts.
A scalable visibility solution that helps reduce the time to deploy new technologies
- Deploy new solutions without impacting production
- Shorten the time
required to evaluate and deploy new solutions
- Centralize tools
in a single
and virtual infrastructure?
- Network virtualization
creates a blind
spot for tools
- Tools cannot see
inside overlay networks
- Unable to see data inside
As mission-critical workloads migrate to virtual servers,
an increasingly large share of network traffic is occurring
between virtual machines (VMs). Visibility into this virtual
switching infrastructure is critical to managing
end-to-end service delivery.
A solution that understands the importance of traffic, regardless of it's in the clear or encapsulated by tunneling or overlay networking technologies.
- Optimize the performance of tools for greater ROI
- Extend traffic visibility into converged infrastructure
- Gain visibility
into overlay and
- Tool proliferation with limited
- TAP/SPAN port
An intelligent network monitoring fabric is a critical component of any data center or network infrastructure investment. Traditional monitoring methods of SPAN/mirror ports or TAPs can oversubscribe the tools, deliver limited visibility, and are limited in number to meet the needs of multiple tools.
A traffic visibility layer for the standard reference Data Center architecture
- Informed decisions
- Reduce CAPEX